Frequently Asked Tenant Questions

  • Q: Can you hold a place before I apply?

    A: No. However if you fill out an application and its approved from background and employment being verified & credit report, we can let you know if you qualify.
  • Q: Do I pay first month’s rent and last month’s rent with my security deposit?

    A: The full amount for the beginning month of your lease or prorated rent for the number of days you occupy the property during the month is required for the first month and at least half of the security deposit.
  • Q: How old do you have to be to apply?

    A: You need to be 18 years old to apply.
  • Q: Is the deposit refundable?

    A: The damage deposit is refundable as long as the property is in the same condition as at “Move In”.
  • Q: Who needs a cosigner?

    A: You will need a cosigner if you don’t have credit or rental history.
  • Q: You have a property I want to rent. How do I apply?

    A: We can email you documentation or prepare paper copies.
  • Q: How do I pay rent?

    A: Rent can be paid through the tenant portal on our Website by using the “rent” app. Or a check can be mailed to our post office. Or cash payments can be made in person at our office. We have a drop box for after hours payments.
  • Q: I want to get a pet. What do I do?

    A: Check with Custom Rental Management as to whether the owner allows pets or not. There is a non-refundable pet deposit. The amount depends upon the size and number of pets.
  • Q: I want to move out, but my roommate wants to stay. What do I do?

    A: The tenant who moves out has to notify Custom Rental Management of their intent to move out but remains financially responsible for the duration of the lease. The tenant who wishes to remain in the property has to qualify to be able to pay their rent through their own resources or obtain a financially responsible roommate. The tenant who moves out can be released of financial obligation once the remaining tenant qualifies to fulfil the term of the lease.
  • Q: My lease expiration is coming and I want to move out. What do I do?

    A: Give a 30 day notice in writing to your current Landlord advising you do not intend to remain in the property.
  • Q: Who is responsible for paying for repairs & maintenance requests?

    A: The owner typically pays for repairs and maintenance. However, if the tenant is the cause of the damage to the property, the tenant is responsible for payment.